Thursday, December 2, 2010

Lets get to work!

This morning I find myself in the Family Legacy office thanking the Lord for the providential ways in which He has led me here.  While submitting my day to His guidance, I've been reflecting on what Day 1 looked like.

First and foremost, this is an office of folks who have a firm calling to do the Lord's work.  There are intermittent moments throughout the day when support letters will be passed around for inspiration, or brainstorming will break out regarding an aspect of the ministry.  I've been blessed to work with Clay Hughey closely over the last few days to strategize opportunities for the future.  He is the individual who is bringing his family to Lusaka, Zambia full time at the end of December.  I've been brought on because we are wired very similarly, thus when our forces combine, brain-hurricanes ensue!  Just kidding (but seriously...)

Last night was very special at our church because we had an opportunity to pray for Clay, his wife Erin, and their 4 kiddos.  An elder at our church, The Village, introduced the Hugheys and the work they would be doing.  As he spoke about Zambia there was an audible gasp when he described the average age as 16 in a country of 12 million.  I swelled with pride (boasting in the work the Lord has, is, and will be doing) as the elder spoke of Family Legacy's mission, and I was so delighted to join over 700 people praying for the Hugheys.

Please join me in prayer for the Hugheys, specifically for these things:

     1.  Monthly support from those whose hearts the Lord has burdened
     2.  General safety from both physical and spiritual attack
     3.  Wisdom for Clay as he works with our native Zambians
     4.  Strength for Erin as she home schools all 4 children
     5.  That Clay and Erin's marriage and parenting will be a proclamation of the gospel
          to the Zambians

The Lord is good and will finish the work He has started for the Hugheys, Family Legacy, and myself.  He is worthy of our worship and of our lives.